Blog III
Hi everyone!
This time i want to talk about a topic from my career: mental health.
Well, are many things that we can talk about it, but i want to take advantage of this space to talk about the mental health in Chile.
The first thing that i think is good to mention is that Chile doesn't have good plans for the mental health how as recommended by the OMS. The OMS says the at least 5% of the health budget needs to be allocated to mental health entities and plans, but that doesn't happen in our country.
The consequence of that is the high rates of mental illness in the society. The most common mental illnesses in Chile are depression, anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder.
For this reason, i think it is important to think about the crucial role that psychologists play in our society, collaborating with the mental health and the general wellbeing of people.
To finish, i want to say that i'm happy to study psychology because it makes me feel good to think that in the future i will also be able to help with mental health of the society!

I'm happy for you, I like study this career too, and I always thinking that I will help people with their problems, so that encourages me to continue to forward. The government of our contry it's not worried about the mental health of people, the politicians only want that we continue working and working all day including in the pandemic. I hope that this situation change with the time, and as you said, the psychologist have a crucial role in our society worrying about the mental health of the people, and I would like to collaborating in the society in the future like a psychologist, that's one of the reasons I study psychology.
ResponderEliminarI agree with you, I think that in every country the autorities have to create plans to promove mental health and prevent all the consequences that could happen to society if not.
ResponderEliminarIt is very sad that in our country mental health is not valued as it should. That is why we must be the best psychologists to improve that situation.
ResponderEliminarI agree with you! I wish everyone had the opportunity to treat their mental health:(
ResponderEliminar